Herbal hair loss treatment
The problem of hair loss is one of the common hair problems, but there are some herbs whose use or consumption can contribute to alleviating this problem, the most important of which are the following:
As hibiscus is one of the common herbs for treating hair loss problems, as its use contributes to reducing the possibility of hair loss, improving hair health, and increasing its density, in addition to that it can relieve dandruff problems and dry scalp, and it should be noted that there is still a need for More studies are being conducted to confirm its effectiveness, but it is usually used either by rubbing the scalp with it, or using its oil.
As this herb is commonly used to treat hair loss, due to its content of alkaloids that are believed to contribute to stimulating the proteins responsible for hair growth, which contributes to enhancing hair health and reducing the possibility of hair loss, and it can be consumed by using its oil as a shampoo or using some hair products that contain on its extracts, but there is still a need for more studies on its effectiveness in treating some other skin hair problems, such as; alopecia, dandruff, and others.
Some studies have found that consuming the Jatamansi herb can contribute to an increase in hair growth rates, especially in the case of alopecia areata, which can contribute to reducing the rate of hair loss.
Some studies have found that using ginseng as an ancient natural remedy for many hair problems, including hair loss, as it contains saponins that can contribute to stimulating hair growth, and can be used either by applying it to the hair or using its oil as a shampoo, or using some hair products that contain it.
Many studies have found that using aloe vera can help keep the scalp hydrated and healthy, which contributes to promoting hair growth in a healthy way. This is due to its rich content in many active compounds and elements that contribute to strengthening hair, such as; Fatty acids, amino acids, and vitamins such as vitamin E, vitamin C, and others.
In addition, it can contribute to alleviating seborrheic dermatitis cases that affect the scalp.
Holy basil is an aromatic herb that contributes to reducing hair loss caused by dandruff, itching, or changes in hormonal levels, and it can be used in the form of a cream.
Its use can contribute to enhancing the health of hair follicles and increasing the rate of cell growth in them, which contributes to reducing the possibility of hair loss and increasing its density, due to its high silica content.
One study showed that consuming products containing red clover can contribute to promoting hair growth and increasing its density.
As one study showed that consuming stinging nettle can contribute to promoting hair growth and increasing its density, due to its high content of beta-sitosterol, in addition to being rich in many vitamins and minerals necessary for hair health, such as; Vitamin A, iron, and other.
Ways to use herbs to treat hair loss
Herbs can be used in several ways to obtain their health benefits to reduce hair loss, and among the ways to use them are the following:
- Using its oil in the form of shampoo and washing it well after leaving it for a specified period on the hair.
- Some of them are used in the preparation of herbal ointments, which are rubbed into the scalp well.
- Using hair products that contain them, such as creams, by rubbing the cream on the scalp or applying it directly to the hair from roots to ends, while making sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using gelatinous herbal extracts that do not contain oil by rubbing the extracted gel on the scalp or applying it directly to the hair from roots to ends.
Other ways to treat hair loss
There are some other methods that can be used to treat hair loss before starting to use herbs and their products, including the following:
- Changing hair products used.
- Dry hair well with a towel or air dryer.
- Avoid using hair extensions or braiding your hair frequently.
- Consult a specialist doctor to ensure that there are no health reasons leading to hair loss.
- Follow a healthy diet to promote hair growth by getting the nutrients necessary for hair growth.