There are many facts about cats that you should know
Cats are characterized by the fact that they sleep for a long time, as the number of hours they sleep is estimated at about 16 hours per day. A long period of rest, and it is worth noting that most domestic cats do not spend their day chasing prey, but rather eat food from a special bowl, and despite that, they spend their day sleeping.
Cat’s sense of taste
Cats lack accuracy in the sense of taste that enables them to perceive the taste of sweetened foods, and therefore offering them a piece of cake or candy does not work, and does not give the cat any reaction when it tastes something sweet.
Cats are distinguished by having a somewhat complex language, and a number of different sounds that they use in order to communicate with each other, with other animals, or with humans, and cats tend to communicate with humans through meowing, and their meowing may mean many things, including hunger, or The desire to obtain attention, and it is indicated that each cat has its own unique voice and meow so that the voice of one cat and another is not similar.
Cats can dream, and this is one of the amazing things that cats have in common with humans, as they dream as humans dream, when they enter the stage of deep sleep, and the explanation for this is that the brains of cats produce the same pattern of waves that the brain of humans produces during sleep, and therefore there is no It must be realized that sleeping cats are safe and dream even if they are making sounds.
Other facts about cats
There are many other facts about cats that you should know, including the following:
- Cats have about 30 sharp teeth in their mouths. Cats’ eyes contain a reflective layer, and this layer is known as (tapetum lucidum), and it amplifies the light, thus seeing the object better, and is 6 times clearer when the light is low.
- Cats share with dogs that they contain the third eyelid, which is the membrane located in the inner corner of the eye and is considered an additional protective device for the eye.
- The cat’s ear contains about 32 muscles, while the human ear contains only 12 muscles, and therefore the cat’s ear muscles help it locate prey.
- The cat has a barbed tongue.
- Cats cannot focus, and see things that approach them at a distance of 30 centimeters or more; This is because she has big eyes.
- Cats do not prefer milk or any dairy product.
- Cats raised at home live longer than those who live on the street.